DUE IN 15 HRS!!!
Context/overview: This week, we looked briefly at marketing research tools. One popular tool is the focus group. In your assignment this week, you will read more about conducting and analyzing focus groups, before conducting your own sample focus group.
First, locate the following articles through EBSCOhost:
- Mcquarrie, E. F. (1989). The practical handbook and guide to focus group research/focus groups: A guide for marketing and advertising professionals. Journal of Marketing Research (JMR), 26(1), 121-125.
- Herich, D. (2015). 7 reasons to add focus groups to your marketing mix. Global Cosmetic Industry, 183(4), 50-51.
- Ingram, W. C., & Steger, R. A. (2015). Comparing the quality and quantity of information received from traditional, webcam and board chat focus groups. Business Studies Journal, 7(1), 33-45.
Second, document the steps you will take to organize a “focus group” for the product you are developing for this course.
Write a discussion on:
- Who you would invite (if this were a “real” focus group)
- What questions you would ask (provide 5 sample questions)
- What information you hope to gain
- How you would compensate the participants for their time (if this were a “real” focus group)
- The logistics of conducting the focus group (refer to the assigned articles for ideas)
- How you plan to record the proceedings of the focus group
Third, conduct the focus group with family or friends to obtain some sample data for analysis. Upon completing the focus group, discuss the process of conducting the focus group along with your findings.
- What issues arose during your sample focus group with family/friends
- How did the focus group participants interact with each other?
- What challenges did you face regarding data collection and analysis?
- What insights did you gain upon analyzing the results of the focus group?