- -You must choose one oral history from pages 7 to 38 in Speaking History and the other from pages 39 to 52 in Speaking History.
- -Then write a paper that summarizes, compares and contrasts, and reflects on these oral histories.
- -You must be specific. Cite your oral history by using parentheticals and page numbers. Example: (John Holway, 37)
- -Make sure your writing is free of grammatical mistakes and typographical errors.
- -Your paper should be double-spaced, 12-pt. font, Times New Roman, with 1” margins.
- -Your paper must be between 450 words and 600 words. (This is about 1 ½ to 2 pages)
Reflect on and answer the questions below.
- Who are your historical actors and what era or event did they discuss?
- What kind of struggles did each of these historical actors’ face? Why? What about their race, class, gender, place, or nationality (or a combination of these identities) contributed to their struggles?
- How did they overcome their struggles?
- What do we learn from the interviewee about the era or event that they discussed?
- In general, what can we learn from oral histories?
2 oral histories are attached, each in a different word file. Thanks