Evaluation of Cybersecurity Threats in the Middle East, Europe, Africa and Other Regions
Assess and evaluate the cybersecurity threats in the Middle East, Europe, Africa and other regions including the relevant differences in global security outlooks across these regions, paying special attention to the cultural issues which affect security practices.
Security Practices, Information literacy/Research skills
Problem solving, Global impact of a Cyber Event
Each student evaluates Cybersecurity Threats in the Middle East, Europe, Africa and other regions with an 9-12 page paper. If you have any questions, please ask them early in the week so you have enough time to complete this assignment on time.
Students are to discuss these topics in their report:
1. Describe significant cultural issues and challenges that contribute to cybersecurity threats that can generally be linked to sources in the Middle East and Africa.
2. Discuss the effectiveness that international organizations such as NATO and the United Nations might have with helping to modify cybersecurity policy in these areas over the next decade.
3. Explain why some countries in these areas may, or may not, have an interest to take a “blind eye” toward cybersecurity issues.
4. What can be done to encourage some countries in these areas to take stronger action against sources for cybersecurity threats?
Discuss policy, security practices, cultural influences, ethical principles, and recommendations. Support your ideas with examples and cited references.
Prepare your paper in either Word .doc or .docx format. It should be double-spaced with one-inch margins all around. The citations and the reference list in the paper should be formatted in accordance with APA 6th edition guidelines. References are NOT included in the page count. Before you submit your paper, you will need to run your assignment through Turnitin.com and receive an originality report.
1. Cover page
2. Table of Contents
4. Body (9-12 pages, Double Spaced)