write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Perl is a different language used by system administrators. Perl can be used to do almost anything that a shell script can do, and it can also simplify other tasks.
- Describe the benefits of Perl and where it can easily be used.
- Describe situations where Perl is not the best choice.
Finally, write a simple script that does the following:
- Prompts for your name
- Checks if the entered name is the same as your instructor’s name
- If yes, it prints: “Hi Instructor”
- Otherwise, it prints: “, you must be a student”
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with a reply of at least 100 words about their primary task response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?